Pet Creations Image Guidelines
We often create portraits of pets that have crossed the rainbow bridge. We're always able to work with our customers and make this work even if they do not have a clear photo of their pet. Our artists are very talented at what they do!
You can upload different photos of the same and we can combine elements from each photo into the perfect canvas for you. e.g. Use your dogs cheeky smile from one photo but make sure his marking are visible as shown on another photo.
The following tips are guidelines only.
- Take a photo or choose an existing photo that is taken in daylight or in a brightly lit room.
- Use a smartphone or high quality camera
- Ensure the whole face is visible and not in shadows.
- Make sure your pet is looking directly at the camera at eye level, facing forward. Other positions are acceptable, but your pet will be shown in that position in the final portrait.
- Please note: collars, leashes, bows, hats, and other cute outfits will be illustrated in your final portrait unless states otherwise. You can leave any request in the 'notes' section when placing your order.
Well-lit with natural lighting or in a bright room
Face is visible
Neck is visible
Poor lighting (backlit)
Ear is cut off
Not facing forward
Not at eye level with pet
Not sure whether your images will work?
Email us your images at email@example.com and we'll let you know. We often create portraits of pets that have passed away, so we understand it's not always possible to follow all of the guidelines above.
In many cases, we can still make it work.
SHOP OUR PET PORTRAITS HERE